Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looking Back on Blogger

Overall, the blog writing was a very positive experience for me. I enjoyed writing on my own blog and also enjoyed reading other peoples blogs and their thoughts on different topics. After reading over most of my blogs, starting from the beginning and moving toward the last blogs I posted, I started seeing my own thoughts change over time. In the beginning I saw myself very skeptical of all the issues and trying to fight all the facts with my own, low factual mindset. Over the course time, I was brought to the attention of many different environmental issues and what is going on with the world around me and also the food I eat every day. I started opening up to all the different facts. You could see this in my blog writings because by the end I was more open to the information that was being presented to me.

The quality of my blogs started out very strong and I believe they continued to stay that way with an exception of a few. The one that sticks out to me as the worst post I posted was, Lost Mountain Part 3. I believe this was my worst post because I took a quote out of its context and used it to explain how Reece was a sympathetic type mind. I was kind of carless with my pickings and I believe that hurt the credibility of my post. I do believe that I finished strong with that post on the other hand by bringing the reader into a first person type of mindset. I discussed a little bit about the third country and how if Americans would go there and live without showers and air conditioning, they could come back and go right back to the way of their living before they left with no second thoughts. I believe one of my strongest posts was, Food Inc. Part 1. I believe this was my best post because every time I read this post it brings me right back to the movie and all the horrible things I saw as I watched it. I think I did a really good job on explaining the horrible things that happens to our food before it gets to the grocery store. I also believe that I did a fantastic job incorporating the book and some interesting facts it brought to the table.

With all this writing you would think I would consider the fact it is open for the public to read, but honestly I did not even realize it was open to anybody until half way through the quarter. All the writing I did through this course was mainly done for the professor to read as well as the students in my class to comment on. Throughout my writing, I would think about what my thoughts were and what other in the class would think of them as well as wondering what they would write as their comments on the material. I was always excited to come to class to read other students writing as what their thoughts were on different topics. Sometimes, I would even read other students posts on my free time when I had nothing else to do.

The comments on the posts were a very important part of the class, but I do not believe that had a huge impact on what I would write or other students would write in their responses. I believe having others reading my posts encouraged me to actually read the readings fully so I did not have a blog that was completely off subject. I very much enjoyed commenting on other students blogs because it was a time for me to let others see where I agreed or disagreed with their comments. I also enjoyed reading what others posted on my blogs and looked forward to having a couple posts on my blog because I like to see what others think about my writing, truthfully. I believe having both classes commenting on the posts encouraged people to write their true thoughts rather than sugarcoating information because they potentially had never even met the person they are commenting for. This was overall my favorite part of this course because it was a way for me to feel as if I was contributing my part as a student as well as a peer.

No comments:

Post a Comment